Where do dynamic modules go?

Hello,

I need to use guile on several different architectures using
dynamically linked modules.  The problem is where should I put the
module .so files?  Is there any standard practice?

I think a good spot is "$(libdir)/guile/$(GUILE_VERSION)/$(ARCH)/..."
paralleling "$(datadir)/guile/$(GUILE_VERSION)/..."  I have my prefix
set to /home/mcgrew/mylocal (It's usually /usr/local).

On a linux system this might give:

	/usr/local/lib/guile/1.3a/i586-pc-linux-gnu/...
	/usr/local/share/guile/1.3a/...

On a OSF system it might be:

	/usr/local/lib/guile/1.3a/alpha-osf-dec/...
	/usr/local/share/guile/1.3a/...

As far as I can tell, this is not mentioned in the manual.  I think it
would be sufficient if a short note or example were added to the
section on dynamically linked modules, or NEWS file.

It would also be nice if there were a function that would return the
host type so that paths could be configured.

Thanks,

Clark