Re: Documentation

Klaus Schilling <Klaus.Schilling@home.ivm.de> writes:

> Jim Blandy writes:
>  >
>  > Wait, I totally misspoke.  I meant to say:
>  >
>  >     Guile probably will adopt SCWM's docstring system, and a bunch of
>  >     its Emacs tools, as well.
>  >
>  > That's SCWM, not SCSH.  I don't even think SCSH has docstrings at
>  > all.
>  >
>  > Those damned FLA's...
>  >
> What is scwm's docstring system like?

We current mark up the sources for primitives, and use the guile
docstrings for our scheme procedures.  We still don't extract the
docstrings from the scheme sources for the manual, but our Emacs
browsing interface uses `procedure-documentation' to let you read them.
(We're anticipating improvement in the way guile handles docstrings --
they're all loaded into memory at load time now, right?).

See http://huis-clos.mit.edu/scwm/ for the distribution, and you can
look at the documentation in the .c files for details.  Both the perl
extractor and a new one by Harvey Stein written in guile are included.

Greg