Re: SCWM's embedded docs/text proc benchmarks/perl's 10x faster than guile.

Andrew Archibald <aarchiba@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> Don't get me wrong --- I agree with you, I just think that if it's not
> much work, we should put in a little hack to generate texinfo until
> somebody does a db2texi converter.

If you will hand convert a couple of (varying) sections -- a primitive
doc section, and a concept section, e.g. -- pick non-trivial ones --
then I could spend the time to get you info documentation
(learning texinfo by example can't be too hard).

(This would just be as a short-term hack -- I'm hesitant to do it
because it reduces the need for the right solution, but since I think
enough people want DocBook->Info for things completely unrelated to
Scwm, I don't think it'll hurt that effort).

I won't get to this until next week Wednesday at the earliest, so you
can take your time converting a couple sections (or try your hand at
generating info from the script yourself, if you like).

Thanks,
Greg