Re: Guile and CORBA?

> I received this email from a person who was commenting on GNU Robots.
> Can Guile be accessed using CORBA?

IIRC, ILU guile bindings. ORBit will get one sooner or later. Didn't
Marius say something about doing it? I'm willing to help, in any case..

> (I must admit that I have never done anything with CORBA, and I don't
> really know what it is.  Anyone have a two-sentence description of
> CORBA, to set the stage for me?)

It makes the whole world one address space. Ie you can call procedures
(methods, really), whose code is in another language, another process,
even another machine than the caller,

Lauri Alanko
la@iki.fi