Guile vs. Scheme48 as extension language

Can someone familiar with both Scheme48 and Guile comment on Scheme48's
suitability as an extension language as compared to Guile?

I've used Guile before as an extension language, but recently I've been
experimenting with Scheme48's module system and it seems pretty nice.  It
doesn't appear too hard to call C functions from Scheme48, but having C code
call Scheme may be tougher.  What are the pitfalls of using Scheme48?

Thanks!

                                bob