Re: [bug] readline completion

 There are other problems with it also.  You can call `readline' with
 a prompt for it to print, but you cannot give it a default string to
 poke in behind the prompt.

 I'd think we'd like to have something that works like the emacs
 minibuffer functions, where you can specify a prompt, a default, and
 also a history list variable.  It would be good, perhaps, to also be
 able to specify a readtable (aka syntax-table).

 What's best?  To go straight to readline itself and try to learn how
 to add that functionality there, or just bypass it and write in guile
 or libguile?  YTMAWBK [1] -- I've a long way to go before I can do
 that work myself.

 I guess while we're on the subject...  Have you ever used `zsh'?
 It's got a really neat multi-line editor.  You can use the uparrow
 like you can in `bash', but it will let you edit multiline commands.
 Zsh also has great extended globbing features.

Footnotes:
[1]  You Tell Me And We'll Both Know