Re: [bug] readline completion

karlheg@inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:

>  I didn't know that.  The globbing would be good to have...  I guess
> that ought to go straight into glibc. :-)

Well, it should be ripped out first; because that will take a while
and not be present on all systems (eg, my 386) we should probably
sutff it in guile and see what people think.  We'd need to get the
bash author's approval to slap the guile license on it. $%#! copyright
law.  I still think readline is problematic to include in the standard
libguile.

>  What do the other folks in this mailing list do and study?  What do
> yous use guile for?  What do you program with it?  I'm very curious.
> Will I be able to land a job someday for knowing a lot about this
> stuff?  Doing what?

I think you've nailed all the good ones.  In fact, this reads like the
recommended list on comp.lang.scheme.  You may want to check on
www.schemers.org to see if you've mised anything, but those are the
good ones.

As for finding a job, I don't know how many there are, but sscheme is
getting used as a CGI language now... there was a posting on c.l.s
yesterday about somebody needing to hire a contractor immmediately to
program scheme.

Of course, there are piles of jobs doing web programming that pay very
highly.  Mostly not interesting.  I think this will get you a more
interesting job.  Not that the programming language you know matters
much; I'm doing a programming job in a langauage that is new to me as
of four months ago.  (A bletcherous, crufty, and very powerful
language...)  This should make you a better programmer...  I wish I had
the time and money to read and own all those books.

Andrew