Re: Optional Arguments (was Re: CVS script)

    Per> I am also flexible in terms how we handle #! (though I am not
    Per> willing to remove support for #!optional etc from Kawa).

 How did DSSL get to have #! as the marker for `optional' and
 suchlike, anyhow?  It seems to me a very poor choice of characters
 for that.  Makes me think that the folks involved in that must not
 use Unix at all...  weird.  How entrenched is that "standard" anyhow?
 Why not just go "oops, bad choice", and change it to #& or somesuch?
 How hard would it be to write a perl program to transform everyone's
 DSSL programs to the new syntax?  Seems like changing that in the
 DSSL implementations themselves would involve little more than a
 search and replace anyhow.