Re: finite state machines in guile

H> C compilers *cannot* be properly tail recursive without a change in
H> calling conventions because the caller pushes & pops args off the
H> stack.

That is not a C requirement, so on some machines you could very easily
make things tail recursive.  I'm not sure about doing it on machines
which do use the stack for that... it's my gut feeling that it could
be done, but....

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
Remember the good old days, when CPU was singular?