Re: Objects and records.

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll wrote:

> I think you are reinventing the wheel. Please have a look at Meroon

There has been talk of picking an object system for Guile and
everyone knows of an implementation.  I am sure Meroon is a good
implementation, and so is SCOOPS, TinyCLOS and a bunch of others.
However someone somewhere is not going to be happy if object
system XX if picked over another.

Just like it is Guile's stated goal to have translators for
other languages so that a programmer is not forced to program in
Guile, I think it would be good if an object system should be
built and that other various object systems can be layered on top
of that.  Thus a SCOOP class can inherit from a class written
in Meroon, because at their core their object representation
is the same.

In addition this object system should be mappable to Python's
object system and any other translated languages.

This is basically, I think, what I an trying to do.

Wade.