Re: gh interface needs for Scwm

> I didn't mean to imply that everything in my list should be added.  Only
> that everything in the list should be considered and decided whether it
> would better to expose it at the gh_ level.

The gh_ interface is supposed to provide a high level portable
interface to C programming in Scheme interpreters.

As gh_ exists, guile has not bothered to specify a guile API, as many
needs can be met by the gh_ interface.

However, at some point we will want a published interface of high
level guile functions to support guile's extras and GC. This would
provide a "guaranteed" interface.

At present the choices are:
   gh_		Portable, but lacking in important guile-isms
   scm_		Featureful, but not specified

A spec of the most useful bits of the scm_ interface, which would be
guaranteed not to change (except for major version changes) could
serve this purpose.

> Nah, I just missed it -- I'll check in changes to scwm to use
> gh_make_vector. (Did gh_make_vector ever take 3 arguments like
> scm_make_vector did?)  Note that there were lots of such changes to scwm
> -- we should try to be careful to continue to use the gh_ interface when
> it has what we need.

gh_make_vector used to be gh_vector.

					cheers,
					glenn.