Re: getop-gnu-style.scm

klaus.schilling@home.ivm.de writes:
> Gordon Matzigkeit writes:
>  > Hi!
>  > BTW, my convention has been to use the (gnu ...) packages as Scheme
>  > equivalents of C header files on a GNU system.  So (gnu argp) contains
>  > the stuff that would be in <argp.h>, (gnu errno) does <errno.h>, etc.
>
> So should termios.h stuff go into (gnu termios) ?

As I already said in another message, I think this is a really bad
convention; packages should be named by logical category, not where
they come from. In this case, though, the naming convention would be
even worse. <termios.h> is a file straight from the POSIX standard and
has nothing to do with GNU, per se. I think a better name would be
(terminal termios), but I hope your package is portable enough to also
work with termio, or whatever the BSD variant is, through the use of
autoconf. Then you could add (terminal ncurses) and keep these
logically related packages together. Perhaps (tty) would be a better
prefix than (terminal), I don't know, but I at least am convinced
packages should be named by content, not derivation.

 - Maciej