Re: A new module system for Guile

Then you are using the file system as your name space for modules. Since
the file system supports nesting,
the module system supports nesting because its name-space does.

This is all very well, but off the top of my head, using the file system as
a name space for modules seems
like a pretty bad idea. That "." notation seems pretty suspect too. But I'm
sure someone else more expert
will comment further.

>> I can see possibilities for the need of nested modules. Imagine some

>But a module system has to take care that every module has a unique ID.
This is why I use >path names to refer to a module:

>(module "test")
>(define motif-old (module* "/motif1.3/motif")) ;load motif.scm from
/motif1.3/ (define >motif-new (module* "/motif2.0/motif"))