Re: nesting scm_protect/unprotect_object

> Thus I propose to somehow put a reimplementation of this mechanism on a
> TODO list, maybe with lowest priority.

If you submit a patch, it could be in 1.3.1!  :)  Use the
scm_hashq... functions, I think.

(The problem with a prioritized TODO list, I have discovered, is that
new items of high priority are always being created, so stuff at the
bottom starves.  I need some kind of aging process, where as items
begin to stink, they become higher priority --- like my fridge.)