Re: I wish...

Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:

> >  > What would be really cool is if someone would implement parenthesis
> >  > bouncing for Guile's readline.  :)
> >  >
> > Something like the emacs does? Move back to the matching opening parenthesis
> > and trigger a warning if there is none?
>
> Yeah, that's what I meant.
>
> Of course, if I am not running Guile from Emacs, I am already in a
> state of sin, but that's beside the point.

What would be really cool would be a tiny guile based editor for
interacting with guile. Maybe just a sort of two buffer thing, one for
typing in code, with completion and a few niceties that would probably
be difficult to add in just an interpreter based readline interface,
and a buffer for results from guile. It could also be helpful for
people who want to integrate guile with other software, since it would
allow a nice interface, without requiring the end user to install
emacs. Might be overkill, though, if you just want brace bouncing
(which is quite cool, I really liked it in clisp)

--
Greg