workings of gh_string2scm

Lutz Behnke writes:

 > As a simple user (not one of the glorious developers. Kudos! B-) ) I
 > would like to
 > know wether the functions
 >
 >        gh_string2scm(char* s, int len)
 > and
 >        gh_string02scm(char*)
 >
 > copy the data contained in the char array?
 >
 > The wording of  the documentation could be read yaey or neay
 > (to me, a native german speaker at least)
 >
 > If you can answer me I will show my gratitude by sending a patch to the
 > documentation B-)
 > (hmmm...... to whom do I send such a patch?)

The documentation (that I have) says:

 - Function: SCM gh_str2scm (char *S, int LEN)
     Returns a new Scheme string with the (not necessarily
     null-terminated) C array S data.

 - Function: SCM gh_str02scm (char *S)
     Returns a new Scheme string with the null-terminated C string S
     data.

Probably you should interpret "new" as "copied".  Guile should guarantee
that so that the original input char array can be freely freed.  :->

thi