Re: could we rename ice9

Klaus Schilling writes:
 > Mikael Djurfeldt writes:
 >
 >  > Personally, I'd prefer the ice-9 directory in the 1.3 release to have
 >  > a different name, e.g., `core'.
 >  >
 >  > Is anyone opposed to doing this now?
 >
 > Yes. One could think it's the result of a segfault and rm it inadvertently.
 >  >
 >  > Does anyone have a better suggestion than `core'?
 >
 > How about 'Blandy' ?

How about `guile'?  It is, after all, Guile's place of booting and its
place of other useful stuff.  I have no probelm doing:

	(use-module (guile common-list))

but would wonder if I saw

	(use-module (core common-list))
or	(use-module (Blandy common-list))

in some code.  Do people have aesthetic issue with guile/guile as
directory?

thi