Re: Bug/Question?

Nicolas Neuss <Nicolas.Neuss@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De> writes:

> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I.. -I./..   -g -c alist.c
> cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I.. -I./.. -g -Wp,-MD,.deps/alist.p -c -DPIC alist.c
> cfe: Error: extraneous input/output file name 0
> cfe: Fatal: Cannot open the file .deps/alist.p
> gmake[1]: *** [alist.lo] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/guile-core/libguile'
> gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> ortler[guile-core] 12>

If you check out Guile with CVS, or use the nightly snapshots, you get
the makefiles that are intended for use by the Guile developers.
These makefiles use features specific to GCC to maintain the make
dependencies automatically.

So, if you want to work with the CVS versions, you'll need to use GCC
and GNU make.  The README file lists the other tools and versions you
need to rebuild everything.

> P.S: Also, I want to mention a small incompatibility: libguile/ports.h, line 201
> should be changed from
> 	   #endif GUILE_DEBUG
> 	   #endif /* GUILE_DEBUG */
> My compiler complains that the first version is not ANSI-C.

Fixed, thanks.

1998-10-20  Jim Blandy  <jimb@zwingli.cygnus.com>

	* ports.h: Put text after #endif in comment.  (Thanks to Nicolas
	Neuss.)