Re: Scheme is too complicated

On Sun, Oct 25, 1998 at 11:20:43AM -0500, Peter C. Norton wrote:
>On Sun, Oct 25, 1998 at 11:04:07AM +0100, Sascha Ziemann wrote:
>> Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:
>>
>> | And finally, I think a PHP->Guile translator would be pretty easy. :)
>>
>> PHP has support for all available databases.  Guile does not support
>> any database.  That is the biggest problem for Guile as a Server
>> Scripting Language.

(sorry i missed the original mail)
Uhm not quite true, guile has support for MySQL... at least using a library
i crufted together to learn a bit about extending guile.
It's ugly and not very robust, and i seem not to have the time to continue
it. http://webserver.de/forcer/code/guile-mysql.tar.gz if anyone cares...
It's just a simple wrapper for the C functions and the two data types
mysql introduces. It's by all means not done, feel free to hack along.
Especially type checking is missing, and at least one function isn't
implemented yet, but it offers more than e.g. the Tcl interface for MySQL.
Well as i said i'm quite busy right now and won't be able to continue it,
so if anyone cares and wants to make it more robust go along. Just keep
my name somewhere there :)
	-forcer

--
/* Line Printer paper is strongest at the perforations.                   */
/* email: forcer@mindless.com      -><- www: http://webserver.de/forcer/  */