Re: avl-trees vs. hashes

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Tel wrote:

> > also, my buckets are now true alists (as God intended):
> >
> > (list (cons hash1 (cons key1 value1)) (cons hash2 (cons key2 value2)))
>
> Just a suggestion, maybe storing the hash value should be an optional
> thing too since it is a fixed speed overhead versus a fixed memory overhead,
> there are arguments for both depending on the situation. Ignore this
> if it makes your code horribly complicated.

(hashtab-disable foo 'store-hash)
(hashtab-enable foo 'store-hash)

yes, I think I could work this in alright, but the resulting code changes
for set!, ref, and del! would be so significant that I would just re-write
each of them.  I would then write some wrappers to call the appropriate
function depending on whether store-hash is true/false.