guile and threads (was too complicated)

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> You would use those through the POSIX threads interface to them (once
> that exists/works). Apps are not supposed to call clone() directly.

I grepped for "pthread" first.  clone() was a last resort hoping that
guile just used someone's own special thread library.

Too bad.  I run SMP, so user threads don't get me nearly as much as kernel
threads. *shrug*  Will using guile within a threaded application cause
problems?  I know that X toolkits tend to have problems, but will I have
anything special to worry about with guile?  I'll only need to call it
from one thread (for now at least...)

thanks,
Erik