Re: The GIMP! By gum, I forgot all about it!

http://www.red-bean.com/guile/notes/ideas.html

> Anyway, I've gotten this to a somewhat workable state, though it
> still needs finishing and is currently on hold (not too much
> interest..). It's in gnome cvs, in gimp-plugins-unstable/gimple.

> I haven't touched it in a couple of months, though, so it might not work with
> recent guile and guile-gtk..
>
> Anyway, the long term plan is to make gimp use CORBA for external
> communication, so ultimately, a guile interface for ORBit is more
> important. (Note that ORBit doesn't have proper DII or DSI working yet,
> though)

Here's what I'm going for (Jim's political ambitions come to light): I
want Guile to be the default system for doing script-fu.  If a
newcomer asks, "What is this script-fu thing, and how do I get some?"
then I want them to end up with Guile installed on their system.

How do people get script-fu now?  Is SIOD distributed with the GIMP?

For political reasons, I want Guile to be as "primary" as SIOD.
By spring 1999, Guile should be far enough along that I'll be able to
give you technical reasons too.