Re: gc notes available

>This is the crux of the matter.
>
>Which would people prefer?
>1) Guile becomes slower overall, but does not pause noticeable for GC.
>2) Guile becomes faster overall, and most GC pauses become
>unnoticable, but does still pause occsionally?

I guess it depends on how much faster you are talking about. If you are
talking about GC becoming 10x faster at the cost of pauses, then maybe.
But if we are talking a 20% *GC* penalty to avoid pauses, then I would
probably pay that price.

To my mind, one of the ideal uses for guile is interactive and GUI style
applications. Overall performance isn't super-critical, but avoiding
pauses is.

>(Mikael, have I correctly represented the choice?)

I hope not. I hope there is a ...
3) Faster with no pauses.