Re: Guile numerical work and uniform arrays

    Valentin> Also, I'm not sure in absolute necessity of having
    Valentin> equivalents of "short ints" and "long long ints" arrays,
    Valentin> "long doubles" (if available), from the other side, may
    Valentin> be quite useful in many calculations which require
    Valentin> extended accuracy.

I think the full complements of types would be useful.  I don't use
doubles or long doubles at all, but I would use short ints and
unsigned short ints.  I guess it depends on the particular problem.

    Valentin> Finally, I'd like to propose to think about
    Valentin> multi-dimensional arrays representation.

I think the current Guile multi-dim arrays can easily be added to the
discussion.  If my understanding is correct it keeps extra information
to describe the dimensions, and then a pointer to a chunk of memory to
hold the nD array.

Cheers,

Clark