Re: New manual plan

Jim Blandy writes:
JB> That's persuasive.  But I'm still hung up on the fact that I'll either
JB> have to document every Scheme-visible scm_ function twice, or have one
JB> section just be cheezy and refer the reader to another section of the
JB> manual.

But won't mixing the languages introduce a lot of cheeziness as well?
I am thinking of convenience funtions like gh_append1, ...,
gh_append4, that will be littering a complete reference. In a
C-specific part of the manual it might be easier to justify their
listing than in a mixed language manual.

I also suspect that those writing C extensions are less likely to need
the Scheme reference part. Although it does not really apply to me
(writing a C extension without being fluent in Scheme), the extension
people are probably most often power users that only need to know the
mapping SCM procedure -> C function.

Whatever you decide on, it can probably changed quite easily later on,
and what is most important now is to have documentation at all.

	Lars

--
Lars Arvestad               Dept. of Numerical Analysis and Computing Science
                       Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden