From: Jim Blandy [mailto:jimb@red-bean.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 1998 8:56 PM
To: Maciej Stachowiak
Cc: guile@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: New manual plan

> Yes, that was my point too. To restate, I think for the vast majority
of
> people who will be using Guile, they decide first what language domain
> they want to work in for a specific task, and then think about what
> functionality they need, and the manual should reflect that.

That's persuasive.  But I'm still hung up on the fact that I'll either
have to document every Scheme-visible scm_ function twice, or have one
section just be cheezy and refer the reader to another section of the
manual.

That, combined with the appeal of organizing the manual strictly by
functionality, and the thought that people can ignore the languages
they don't care about, are what make me like the organization I
proposed.

If you can suggest a good solution to the duplication problem, I might
change my mind.