Re: libreadline.so.2 not working w/ guile-1.3 and newer

> I think the proper resolution is to move this kind of safety check
> into (ice-9 readline) -- but it's still gross.

It seems like folks have written code that doesn't understand that
readline and regexp are optional features, and may not be present.

If you wrote up some patches to the readline module that made it
degrade gracefully when readline isn't present, I'd be glad to include
them in Guile.