Re: What's after guile-1.4? (was: Re: Questions... I am new to scheme)

hi,

I hope this isn't flame bait, but IMO guile-1.3 is not (yet!) ready for
"mission critical" applications.  For one thing, as we all know (and, yes,
all of us are probably *sick* of hearing this), the docs suck.  Next, my
version of UNIX is AIX.  Unfortunately, AIX is a bit weird about
dynamic loading (*.so files); I'll be darned if I can't get Guile to load
one of these guys!  (I have other objections, but raising those *would* be
flame-bait  ;)

As of now, I still use Python/C.  My next project will probably be
implemented with the same combo.  But after that ...?

So, will Guile, after guile-1.4, be ready for so-called mission critical
projects?  Any thoughts?

	Jay Glascoe
	jglascoe@jay.giss.nasa.gov