need faster MOP....

I am writing an app that needs a decent object system. I chose tiny-clos
 because. It's simple, powerful, standard and I come from a CL, CLOS background.

However, timy-clos is really only a reference, not an industrial strength
 system, and it's multi-methods really are a bit slow.

I tried compiling the app using hobbit (a while ago) but came up against a
 couple of problems which I never had time to resolve properly, and gave up.

I looked at other object systems (like Meroon) but decided I preferred
 tiny-clos.

I listened with interest to threads about a forthcoming native Guile object
 system, and 'C' code that would compute method combinations and cache them etc.

I try to spend what little time I have available on the app itself, rather than
 it's infrastructure, which I hope will catch me up. What I would like to know
 is :

o  has anyone got a nice, compiled and preferably modular, working tiny-clos
 ?(useful macros would be a bonus too) - where might I find such a beast...?

o how is the native object system coming on ? - is it a drop in replacement for
 tiny-clos ? When will it be available ? can I get a sneak preview etc... ?

Thanks for your time, Guys,

Jules