Re: Mailing List... where are you?

Jost Boekemeier <jostobfe@calvados.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE> writes:

> At the moment I am hacking in eval.c (closures must be evaluated in
> the module where they are defined)

Hm?  Are you talking about libguile/eval.c?  Closures are already
evaluated in the module where thet are defined (of course!).

> and I think that eval.c must be rewritten sooner or later anyway.

The current evaluator is highly optimized.  It would be very difficult
to write an evaluator which is faster.

However, it might be possible to write a byte code evaluator which is
faster, although the last attempt of doing that resulted in a slower
one.

/mdj