Re: %load-path when Guile sits in /usr.

Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de> writes:

> Yes, I think a configure option would be the right thing.  What form
> should it take?  --enable-extra-load-path=... ?

This doesn't help the problem of adjusting the load path at runtime
which for me has been more important.  In my situation (as you
probably recall), I was installing all the CVS GNOME stuff in
/usr/local/opt/gnome (just so it would be easy to remove when the
Debian packages catch up), and I needed guile to know where
gnome-guile was putting it's files.  At your suggestion, I tried
exporting GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/usr/local/opt/gnome/share/guile, and that
fixed the problem.

So if GUILE_LOAD_PATH isn't already "formally" supported, it should
be.  It might even make sense to break it up into a GUILE_PRELOAD_PATH
and a GUILE_POSTLOAD_PATH for those who *really* need to control where
files are found.