Re: another newbie question

On 15 Jan 1999, Russ McManus wrote:

> > [C]->[Scheme]->[C]-[Scheme]
> >
> > I can't make it work for some reason.
>
> Yes this should be possible..  What are the symptoms of your problem?
> >From your sparse description, it's hard to give you much assistance.

Well, in simpliest case I am doin gh_enter, once main_prog passes as
pointer to gh_enter is invoked I am doing gh_eval_file from there.

Somewhere in this file am am calling some function which I've defined
using gh_new_procedure(. Function is called OK, but if in this function I
am trying to do gh_eval_string it simply exits without any error message.
Even call to somethng like (+ 1 2) does not work.

Are threads are optional part of guile? I am using GUILE packaged with
RedHat linux and it seems not to have any thread functions, like
call-with-new-thread/2. Since shared lib is part of this distribution it
will be better to use it, rather than staticaly linking some other version
to my code.

Sincerely,
Vadim

;; Vadim Zaliva                     + Those who do not understand Unix  +
;; mailto:lord@crocodile.org        + are condemned to reinvent it,     +
;; http://www.crocodile.org         + poorly.          (H. Spencer)     +