Re: %load-path when Guile sits in /usr.

Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

> So if GUILE_LOAD_PATH isn't already "formally" supported, it should
> be.

It is supported and I now think it is the exactly right solution to
your problem.  It ocurred to me that you need to take care of
guile/site also, as guile-gtk installs event-repl.scm there.  You are
probably using an old one from the Debian packages, which should be
OK, because it hasn't changed since its creation in 1997-10-07.  I
think I'm going to put it into gtk/event-repl.scm in the next release.
I never really liked the `site' concept anyway in Guile.

> It might even make sense to break it up into a GUILE_PRELOAD_PATH
> and a GUILE_POSTLOAD_PATH for those who *really* need to control
> where files are found.

Hmm, how would they work?  What is `preloading' time and `postloading'
time?