Re: %load-path when Guile sits in /usr.

thi <ttn@mingle.glug.org> writes:

> Mikael Djurfeldt writes:
>  > Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de> writes:
>  >
>  > > Yes, I think a configure option would be the right thing.  What form
>  > > should it take?  --enable-extra-load-path=... ?
>  >
>  > Why "extra"?  Wouldn't it be more powerful to explicitly give the
>  > entire load-path?
>
> but you don't want to be too powerful.  the feature is the addition of a
> load-path element, rather than a new setting altogether.

Hmm, I think I agree with Mikael.  Completely replacing the default
load-path is probably the right thing because as a package maintainer
you should know pretty exactly what path you want.  Allowing them to
only add is too limiting, especially when you want to control the
order of elements.

But let's hear what the package people have to say about this.