Re: embedding question: defining symbols?

> Hail to the People Of Guile,

Hail, Han-Wen!  (gosh)

You have the right idea.  However, guile doesn't have first-class
environments at the moment; we just use ordinary hash tables to map
our symbols to their values.

So I think (if I can read your C++) that you want to make a C++ class
that wraps Guile symbol objects with a few methods, and then use a
Dictionary<Guile_Symbol> in class Bla.  That is, find some way to use
symbols as the keys in your table.

When Guile acquires real first-class environments, then you may want
to change your code.

I wonder if Guile's new MOP could somehow accomodate your classes, and
let LilyPond objects be subclassed in Scheme, etc.