Re: Case-sensitivity.

Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:

> How does the list feel about this?  Would making Guile default to
> case-insensitivity cause people problems that are going to be a pain
> to work around?

I think it is better not to complicate things by having
case-sensitivity.  It is simpler conceptually, and for the
implementation if different names means different symbols, and foo
both looks different from FOO and has a different representation.

So, ideally, I think RnRS should change, not Guile.

But then, in practise, not following RnRS cause trouble, so given this
situation I think it is good to support R4RS, and I don't think it
will lead to a lot of trouble.

/mdj