Re: Case-sensitivity.

Bruce Stephens <b.stephens@isode.com> writes:

> Why?  I haven't been following this, but does guile's current
> case-sensitivity really prove a problem?  Surely RnRS is out of step
> here, not guile?

Why do you say 'surely'?  There is a long tradition in the Lisp world
of case folding (the tradition predates Unix, to be sure).  There is a
recent thread on comp.lang.lisp you may want to check out discussing
the relative merits of case folding vs. case preservation, and IMHO
there were strong arguments on both sides.

One thing to remember is that a case-folding reader doesn't preclude
processing case-sensitive text; it just affects the behavior of
'read'.  Mixed case symbols are usually supported with some special
syntax.

-russ

--
"Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore: it's too crowded."
             --Yogi Berra