Re: Case-sensitivity.

Klaus Schilling <Klaus.Schilling@home.ivm.de> writes:

> I assumed that at least the guile core team knew r4rs by heart and
> would know why they break with r4rs in certain points.
> Alas that seems not to be quite the case ...

I'm fairly sure the case-sensitivity thing *was* discussed, and that
choosing to deviate from R4RS in this instance was a decision that was
consciously made.  I don't remember the rationale, however.  Aren't
there archives of this mailing list somewhere?

> I'm missing the procedure (transcript-on logfile) which is described
> in the r4rs and would be a useful tool for reporting stuff. Is that
> deliberately left out or another bug?

Again, that rings a bell.  I think it was omitted because it was a bit
awkward to implement and didn't seem useful enough to justify the
effort.  But the discussion was long enough ago that I may well be
misrepresenting it completely.