Re: Case-sensitivity.

> I assumed that at least the guile core team knew r4rs by heart

Eh, sure.

> and would know why they break with r4rs in certain points.

Well, we certainly knew why we chose case-sensitivity.  The
key to note is that the current Guile core developers/maintainers
were not actively involved in Guile when the Guile project started.
There has been a 100% turn-over.

I still think is reasonable to stick with case-sensitivity, as
long as there is an option to force strict R[45]RS-compatibility.
However, it is also not unreasonable to prefer case-insensitivity.

I do think I will stick with case-sensitivity for Kawa.  I think
it is the correct decision, since it makes Scheme/Java mixing
more natural.  By the same reasoning, since a major goal of
Guile is as a scripting language for C/C++ applications, one
could argue that case sensitivity by default makes more sense for
Guile.  However, the argument is not quite so strong, since the
distance between Guile and C is much greater than the distance
between Kawa and Java.

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner@cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner