Re: Marking smobs for GC

Greg Harvey <Greg.Harvey@thezone.net> writes:

> [guardians]
> It's quite a schemy notion, really, being somewhat abstract and
> allowing you to implement all sorts of funky data structures.

Yes, looks like a implemented something like a guardian but without
letting Scheme take control.  I think the main feature of a guardian
is that it allows Scheme code (which normally can't be run during GC)
to cooperate with the GC.

> There is a paper out there somewhere, but I can't remember where I
> got it (probably at www.schemers.org)

Yep, I think I read that when it was first mentioned on the list, but
I would have to page the details back in.