Re: Case-sensitivity.

    Aleksey> Sorry, I was wrong. It was time ago when I tested Scheme
    Aleksey> implementations with respect to case-sensitivety. But I'm
    Aleksey> still remember that one of the most famous
    Aleksey> implementations was case-sensitive (hmm... scsh
    Aleksey> perhaps?).

scsh is actually case sensitive, yes; Olin Shivers discusses this in
the manual, explaining that while it's not in the spirit of R*RS it is
very necessary for scsh because the underlying command stuff in Unix
*is* case sensitive.

This and XML parsing [0] are the only good reasons I can come up with
off the top of my head for true case sensitivity (although I
sympathize with Per in Kawa).

[0] This is a pet bugaboo of mine.  Really, <FOO BAR="4">baz</FOO>
would be nice to represent as (foo :bar "4" "baz) (escaping to Common
Lisp keywords briefly); this is easy to deal with for Lisp and retains
all the important stuff with the XML, EXCEPT XML is case sensitive in
element definitions.  Since Common Lisp folds case, to get <Foo/> you
need to do (|Foo|).  I consider this a crock and wish XML didn't force
me into it; SGML IIRC doesn't.
--
Graham Hughes <ghughes@cs.ucsb.edu>
PGP Fingerprint: 36 15 AD 83 6D 2F D8 DE  EC 87 86 8A A2 79 E7 E6