Re: Case-sensitivity.

> "Ian Bicking" <bickiia@earlham.edu> wrote:
>
>   As long as case-senstivity is the default people will write their Guile code
>   with this in mind, saving work in the future.  Especially when/if other
>   languages are supported by Guile.  We shouldn't throw information away by
>   default.

The obvious counter to this, of course, is that one shouldn't simply throw away
RnRS compliance by default.

If you do, there is an excellent chance that the code you write won't be
portable to other RnRS-compliant implementations or that code which is strictly
RnRS compliant won't run with guile (as the example of SLIB:yasos shows).

guile has case-sensitivity if you want it - it just shouldn't be the default.

I guess it comes down to a value judgement. I personally value portability and
language compliance more than the inconvenience of having to issue (read-disable
'case-insensitive) to obtain a case-sensitive guile.

jon.