Extending Guile

Greetings:

	I'm very interested in using Scheme (and Guile specifically)
to provide a (free and potentially massive) application I'm building
with a scripting language.  There's a fair bit of documentation
scattered around on doing just this, but many of the documents seem to
contradict one another.  (For example, should I use the gh_* or the
scm_* interface.)

	The tutorial has been very helpful, but I need to go a bit
further.  Specifically, I'm trying to build something like The Gimp's
Script-Fu (where Script-Fu is a plugin that export's The Gimp's
procedural database).  Unfortunately, I also have the problem that I
will not only have plugin procedures, but plugin classes, to export.

	I'm new to, but fairly comfortable with Scheme.  I'm a
competent C and C++ programmer.  I can even appreciate how Guile's
conservative garbage collector works.  But for the life of me, I just
don't know where to begin.  _Any_ discussion or pointers would be
helpful and much appreciated.

	Please, be gentle.
--

				Mark A. Fox
				mfox@cpsc.ucalgary.ca

	"Despite the name, food stamps are _not_ edible."
				- Scott Adams, _The Dilbert Future_