Re: [ANN] text buffers: really alpha release

Ian Grant <I.A.N.Grant@damtp.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Marius has said he might start a discussion here about dynamically
> other shared libraries being loaded. Perhaps this is the time to
> start this.

Hi, I don't really have anything new or sound to say on dynamic
linking, but I just wanted to say that I'm listening...

> But first: I'm not quite sure why you need to use a dlopen helper library.

Maybe one note: the libguiledlopenhelper is a very trivial thing that
does not do any magic with regard to inter-library-dependencies.  It
is only needed because on Linux, I need to call dlopen with
RTLD_GLOBAL but the builtin dynamic-link function of Guile calls
dlopen without this flag.

- Marius