Re: Guile and Emacs (was Re: Initial projects list)

It's wondeful to hear that someone is working on Emacs!

Ken Raeburn <raeburn@raeburn.org> writes:

> I want to run both Scheme and Emacs Lisp code, letting them
> interoperate.  But the Scheme code should work according to Scheme
> rules, and Emacs Lisp according to the usual elisp rules.

The idea in Guile is to use Scheme as the "core" language and
translate other languages into Scheme.

Last year, I started work on some extensions to the evaluator to make
it more easily support other languages.  Even though I finally never
got time to complete it, I got it to run elisp code, with proper
dynamic binding.

If you give me a couple of days, I can email you what I've got right
now.

/mdj