Re: Guile project submissions draft

GH> Umm... does anyone really want to have to debug their project entries?
GH> It basically isn't a language at all, but just a very simple way of
GH> submitting info for a database... a project is nothing more than a
GH> record with a bunch of keys. I'll be the first to shout the joys of
GH> the lisp-like language, but I don't think I'd want to write everything
GH> in scheme.

I agree a config language is overkill, but thi has a point with his
wish for a more schememely format. As you say, a project is a record
with a bunch of keys, so why not simply ask for an alist? For example:

((name . "Guile project submission parser")
 (author . "Greg Harvey")
 (status . "Extensively tested.")
 (code . "(read)"))

Could it be more convenient?

	Lars

--
Lars Arvestad               Dept. of Numerical Analysis and Computing Science
                       Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden