Re: First-class environment proposal

There is a bunch of prior art in this area.  For example MIT Scheme
has had first-class environments for a long time.  And I notice
your function names consistently use the abbreviation "env"
where MIT Scheme uses "environment".  For example MIT Scheme uses
"environment-bound?" while you use "env-bound?".  I think
this should be avoided, unless there is a really good reason.
(I also prefer the longer names - it is not like we want to
encourage peole to use these functions casually!)

(Kawa also has first-class environments, but so-far without
most of the API to manipulate them.  Basically, it just has
environment-bound? in addition to the R5RS functions.)

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner@cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner