Generalized set!

Mikael Djurfeldt writes:

 > Note that I finally followed Maciej and others'  advice regarding the
 > order of arguments.  It is most intuitive to have the expansion:
 >
 >   (set! (PWS A1 ...) V) --> ((SETTER PWS) A1 ... V)
 >
 > and it has the advantage of working with all setters except the
 > current array-set! which I think should be modified.

Is it possible to make it work with the slot-set! in BOS (Bryan O. Sullivan's
Scheme Object System for R4RS), or other third-party object systems?
(the syntax of slot-ref! is simple: (slot-set! obj slot newval) checks if
obj belongs to a bos class with a mentioned slot (a symbol) and changes its
value on success to newval, otherwise it  causes an error exit.)
--
Klaus Schilling