Re: performance

Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@nada.kth.se> writes:

> Andres Heinloo <lka@physic.ut.ee> writes:
>
> > I was told in private mail that Guile 1.3 has a bug in the reader that
> > causes the poor performance.
>
> I don't understand---in what way is the reader involved here?

I think he means the sync (or was it flush? in any case, the io
performance sinkhole) on every read/write bug of 1.3, which would
explain the really awful performance (since a lot of the test consists
of writing out characters). The gc is also involved with the grossness
(do a gc-stats after interrupting and behold the horrid numbers). It
runs pretty swiftly with the gc disabled ;)

--
Greg: this is exactly why a new release should've been made right away
      with the io problem fixed... ahh, reveling in itoldjaso ;)