Re: [Ann] Documentation & projects things

Klaus Schilling <Klaus.Schilling@home.ivm.de> writes:

> Greg Harvey writes:
>  >
>  > I've converted the projects list to html, which is now at
>  > http://home.thezone.net/~gharvey/guile/guile-projects.html; most of
>  > the newer submissions should be in there now (automation is definately
>  > needed, to prevent that nasty head exploding thing ;).
>
> My stuff has no version number yet, nor a site. Would a preliminary entry
> submission still make sense?

It could, but I'm trying to avoid adding anything else (I really don't
want to make this list a permanent thing).

> What needs to be done for providing automation? A CGI script?
> I remember Tim Peirce having done some Scheme www stuff, but don't
> know if that is what is required.

My first post in the "Guile projects stuff" thread pretty much
detailed what was still needed (basically everything ;)... there has
been some interest, though I'll leave it to him to decide if he wants
to let the whole world know about it.

>  > Dale Smith wins the ``cool enough to cause an ice cream headache
>  > award'' by translating the qdocs to texinfo! You can pick it up at
>  > http://home.thezone.net/~gharvey/guile/qdocs/qdocs-texi-1.0.tar.gz
>  > (includes dvi and info output).
>
> Are qdocs similar docbook? Stallman is looking for documentation convertion
> experts to write a docbook->texi translator, so maybe D. Smith could do that.

Nope, they're a set of plain text files
(http://home.thezone.net/~gharvey/guile/qdocs), each one taking a c
source file or module from guile and documenting the available
functions, concepts (sometimes) and interface. Dale's done the
excellent job of translating them to texinfo; if we could get every
file from guile done this way, it would make a great set of building
blocks for a manual. As it stands right now, they do make a pretty
useful reference for string & list functions in guile, along with a
few other things.

--
Greg